Today I had the fabulous surprise of learning that Jessica over at More than a Military Spouse nominated me for a Liebster Award. Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, and the award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging.
Here’s how it works. There are 4 steps to receiving this award:
1. List 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer your nominator’s 11 questions.
3. Choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions.
4. Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
11 Things About Me:
- I’m a gadget junkie, and can be found constantly drooling over the latest devices, apps & other geekery.
- I was born in Hawaii, grew up in New Jersey and have made Seattle my home for the past 5 years.
- I used to drive a VW Beetle nicknamed the Death Bug since it liked to break down in sketchy locales.
- I love condiments. I’m what you’d call a condiment connoisseur.
- I wore a coconut bra & grass skirt to a close friend’s wedding in Maui… and still only won 2nd place for most outrageous outfit!
- I recently (re)watched the entire Law & Order: SVU series from the beginning… then started on Criminal Intent. While I dig Eames & Goren, there’s no better duo than Benson & Stabler.
- My favorite dish is eggplant parmesan… especially when it’s made by one of my best friend Marissa’s mom or grandma…. it doesn’t get much better. It’s one of the things I miss most about living on the East Coast.
- I talk a lot of trash in my fantasy football league, even when I’m losing pathetically…. which happens weekly.
- I’ve lived in lots of neighborhoods in Seattle in my short time here — Ballard, Fremont, South Lake Union & Queen Anne.
- Last Christmas I boycotted a traditional menu and made Beef Brisket with Bacon & Blue Cheese, on Rosemary rolls from the Essential Baking Company. It was the best brisket I’ve ever had (though Salt Lick near Austin, TX is a pretty close 2nd).
- I spent my summers on the Jersey shore and can’t believe the devastation that Sandy brought. I encourage everyone to help out this battered region however you can! Check out the Red Cross or Jersey Shore Hurricane News (if you’re in the area) for volunteer & donation opportunities!
- What sparked your blog idea? I really loved the idea of having a food blog but a) don’t have the time to go out to dinner all the time and b) wanted to address a huge challenge I always had… finding out if a restaurant’s take out is worth it! I’ve made quite a few BAD take out decisions and hope my blog can help steer people toward a GOOD takeout experience. Hopefully I won’t have to give too many bad reviews!
- What’s been the most difficult part about blogging? TIME! There’s just never enough of it!
- What have you learned in the process of blogging? Slowly but surely I’m getting more comfortable writing & publishing things without giving each post a million reviews!
- If you’re on Twitter, whose your favorite person to follow? If not, favorite Facebook page? @Oatmeal or @ImTheCurmudgeon
- What’s your favorite food? Since I talked about my favorite dish in my list, I’ll give you my favorite ingredient — avocados! Everything is better when you add avocado! (ok maybe not everything…)
- If you could only make one trip, where is the one place you want to visit in the world? Hmm… a tie between Tahiti and Australia
- What are you most looking forward to this holiday season? The fireworks off the Space Needle at New Years! I just moved to a new place in Queen Anne with a perfect view from the roof!
- What’s that last book that you read (for fun)? Game of Thrones. Amazing. I’d recommend watching HBO’s show before reading it if you’re bad with names… there are a LOT of characters, all with long, confusing names.
- What do you think about Pinterest? Love it & hate it. It’s super fun but I have no self control so I need to limit my sessions or I’d never get anything done! There’s so much fun stuff out there!
- What’s your favorite magazine? W… gorgeous!
- Holiday cards: a do or don’t? I do, but mostly because I’m far away from a majority of my family & the people I grew up with. It’s possibly the one tradition I do consistently.
These are some of my fellow MCDMers’ blogs, foodies, and friends! In no particular order, but I hope you all enjoy their blogs as much as I do.
- Sautéed Garlic & a Veggie Box
- Seattle Weekend Brunch
- Globalization Ramen
- The Swombardi Chronicles
- Restrictions Turned Creative
- Women and Advertising
- Ten Thousand Takes
- Digital Noms
- Purple Rosemary
- Vintage 1969
- Dog Gone Seattle
My questions for these bloggers:
- How did you choose your blog’s theme/topic?
- What will you be most thankful for this Thanksgiving?
- What’s your favorite restaurant and why?
- If you could eat just one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- What’s your dream vacation?
- What’s your favorite website?
- If you’re on Twitter, whose your favorite person to follow? If not, favorite Facebook page?
- Where are you from?
- If you had to change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite Seattle spot?
- (Sorry had to do it) Where did you have your best take out experience and what did you have?
So that’s it! Who are some of your favorite bloggers? Thanks again to Jessica for the award! Check out her blog, More than a Military Spouse!